Holy Apostles Music Ministry
Holy Apostles Choir:
40 Choir members that sing a variety of church music styles (classics, spirituals, some contemporary, Latin Mass etc.)
- Choir sings on the 1st and 3rd Sundays at St. John and the 2nd, 4th and 5th Sundays at SS. Peter and Paul.
- Choir-sung Sunday Masses are October through May
- All festive holydays (Christmas, Holy Thursday, etc.)
- Choir sings at a variety of outside functions (Area Choral Festival & Annual Christmas Dinner for the Lion’s Club blind folks)
- Sing with brass groups for Holy Apostles Concert Series (Harmonic Brass)
- Annual “Seven Last Words” concert on Good Friday and Christmas Eve concert prior to Midnight Mass
- Rehearsals are on Tuesday nights, 7:15 til 9:00 PM, Mid-September through early May.
SINGERS NEEDED! NO AUDITIONS TO JOIN
15 Choir children that sing:
- At the 9:00 AM Sunday Masses, 2nd, 4th & 5th Sundays of the month
- Singers-sung Sunday Masses are October through May
- Sing a Christmas cantata concert on Christmas Eve
- Sing annual outside concerts at “Tanglewood” & “Loyalton” senior homes, and other invited concerts in the area
- The children also play handchimes and other rhythm instruments.
- Rehearsals are on Thursday nights, 6:15 til 7:30 PM, Mid September through Mid-May
- Singers age levels are third to ninth grade.
Holy Apostles Festival Handbell Choir
12 member choir of young and older adults that play:
- Typically at a choir sung Mass (some members both play and sing)
- The handbell choir plays three octaves of bells, and is fund raising to purchase bells that are in the fourth octave.
- The handbell choir is invited to perform at a variety of functions and concerts.
- Rehearsals are on Tuesday nights, 6:30 til 7:30 PM, Mid September through early May
Holy Apostles Concert Series
- Outside artists perform a fall instrumental concert and a spring organ concert.
- The audience is invited to donate to a free-will offering.
Holy Apostles Music Ministries Staff
William “Bill” Chandler, Ministries Director, Choir Director & String Bass player for Jubilate Singers
Donna Gatz, Parish organist, Choir accompanist & Director of the Jubilate Singers
Anne Dolce, Festival Handbell Choir director, Brass Choir Director, (plus French Horn player) and assistant Holy Apostles Choir Director
Song Leader/Cantors – Tony Dolce ~ Gail Grundstrom ~ Sue Chandler ~ Alex Scalise